Metabolic reprogramming by Nitric Oxide and Oxidative Therapeutics
Majid Ali, M.D.
140 West End Avenue, New York, NY 10023
2.Empirical benefits. (cite dialysis paper)
3. Most energy-generating systems are initiated and perpetuated by oxidants, not by antioxidants. Gas pedals, brake pedals.
- Zhou H-L, Zhang R, Ananad P, et al. Nature. 201Metabolic reprogramming by the S-nitroso-CoA reductase system protects against kidney injury. Nature. 2019;565:96-100.
- Wang, W. et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase-deficient mice exhibit increased susceptibility to endotoxin-induced acute renal failure. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 287, F1044–F1048 (2004)
- Forbes, M. S., Thornhill, B. A., Park, M. H. & Chevalier, R. L. Lack of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase leads to progressive focal renal injury. J. Pathol. 2007;170, 87–99.
- Gabbay, K. H. et al. Ascorbate synthesis pathway: dual role of ascorbate in bone homeostasis. Biol. Chem. 2010;285, 19510–19520.
- Anastasiou, D. et al. Inhibition of pyruvate kinase M2 by reactive oxygen species contributes to cellular antioxidant responses. 2011. 334, 1278–1283 (201