Benefits of DHEA
DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is a primary adrenal hormone which serves as one of the body’s major anti-aging hormones. In contrast to steroids that depress our antioxidant and immune defense systems, DHEA supports such defenses. (I will let you in on a secret: Holistic physicians prescribe DHEA liberally for their family members, and most of them take it themselves for enhancement of their general antioxidant and immune defenses.) I consider this an excellent agent for restoring the damaged antioxidant and immune defenses of chronic stress sufferers. Indeed, it is a very rare patient who does not report beneficial results within weeks or months of taking it.
I frequently use DHEA in a daily dose of 50 mg for the first three months and then reduce the dose to 50 mg on alternate days. In most cases, such therapy may be discontinued within several months when normal enzyme functions—and energy levels—are restored.
1. DHEA has many established beneficial effects on the immune system.
2. Stress states are associated with suppression of several immune functions; DHEA prevents that.
3. Blood DHEA levels are usually reduced in chronic fatigue sufferers, and replacement therapy with DHEA improves the overall energy level and reduces many associated symptoms.
4. DHEA opposes the physiological effects of cortisone in several animal models.
5. DHEA levels drop in serious infections, including AIDS, indicating progression of disease, and the levels rise during recovery.
6. DHEA protects immune cells against acute lethal viral infections (including viral encephalitis).
7. DHEA regulates many immune cell functions and the production of hormone-like mediators called lymphokines. It helps generate many desirable molecules (such as IL-2) and prevents the excessive production of some undesirable ones, such as interleukin 4 and 5 and gamma interferon that can impair our immune defenses. A role of DHEA in the cause of systemic lupus—an autoimmune disorder—has been suggested.
Help support the staff of this website provide thousands of pages of free information by considering our premium extended length videos.
Majid Ali, M.D.’s Instant Video Seminars
The videos download to your computer.
After you order you will receive an email with the download link. It’s easy!
The videos are in the *mov format. Now what does that mean? That means they will play on anything, tablets, android and iphones, PCs, even your TV if you have Internet TV capabilities! Typically, all your newer devices are ready to play these videos, however you may need a quick and free upgrade form QuickTime from Apple. What does this mean? It means easy technology! No matter what you’re watching or where you’re watching it, QuickTime technology makes it all possible! After you purchase the videos – they should download and play.
The premium videos below are priced at $6.95 to $7.50 each
Hormones – Dr. Ali’s Course on Hormone Seminar 2 – Estrogens and Progresterones Working Together
Hormones – Dr. Ali’s Course on Hormone Seminar 3 – Gender Devolution
Hormones – Dr. Ali’s Course on Hormone Seminar 4 – Precocious Puberty
Hormones – Dr. Ali’s Course on Hormone Seminar 5 – Menstrual Disorders
Hormones – Dr. Ali’s Course on Hormone Seminar 6 – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Hormones – Dr. Ali’s Course on Hormone Seminar 7 – Receptor Restoration Before HRT
Friends, the goals of our Ali Academy community was to provide thousands of free videos. We continue on with this goal here at majidalimd.me
The goal of this website is to provide thousands of free videos without ads or commercial interruption on various and diverse health topics discussed by Majid Ali MD
Donate $500 or Donate now $150 or Donate $25
We will send you our thanks with a few free products
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org