Mercury Is Safe for Babies and Children According to the American Academy of Pediatrics


Majid Ali, M.D.

Mercury is one the most potent neurotoxin. It is a potent immunotoxicant. It ruptures glutathione, the quarterback detox molecules in the liver and the brain. It damages the heart, kidney, and liver cells. So why does the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) consider it safe? Because World Health Organization (WHO) told it so. The Academy agreed on December 17, 2012 that mercury in the preservative, thimerosal, present in vaccines is safe to be injected into the bodies of babies and children abifor babies Is this some perverse Alice-in-the-Wonderland? How did Lewis Carrol know American pediatricians so well? Your guess is as good as mine.

In 1999, the Academy (AAP) recognized neurotoxicity and immunotoxicity of mercury and decided to join those who wanted mercury to be banned from vaccines. I discuss this subject at length in my book entitled “Heavy Metal Load and Toxicity: Mercury-Induced Dysoxygenosis,” (2005), the seventh volume of my textbook “ The Principles and Practice of Integrative Medicine.”

Is the he reversal of the Academy’s position based on any new scientific evidence that refutes the established toxicities of mercury compounds. Categorically not. The policy-makers at the WHO and AAP are likely to counter my view by citing studies by the U.S. Institute of Medicine and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. However, these studies do not show any evidence challenging the basic science of mercury toxicology. Nor do these studies contest the cumulative toxicity of mercury. At best these studies, if considered valid, appear to suggest that babies and children suffer from so much environmental toxicities that additional doses of mercury administered as vaccine can be considered acceptable. This perverse logic is used to defend polluters for all other forms of environmental toxins.

Another silly arguments sometimes advanced is that thimerosal contains ethyl mercury which is less toxic than its cousin mercury compound, methyl mercury. Of course, ethyl mercury in the body is turned into methyl mercury, which is far more toxic and persists in the body for much longer.

Suggested reading: Heavy Metal Load and Toxicity: Mercury-Induced Dysoxygenosis (2005) available at www.aliacademy.org

******

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s