Nutrients for Endurance Training
Majid Ali, M.D.
Endurance training creates storms of acidity and free radical activity. It is crucial to protect body tissues from such severe stress with optimal hydration and nutrient support.
I offer the following guidelines to my patients for special nutrient support during endurance training and exercise. I advise them to begin the program slowly, with no more than two items added during the first and second periods of endurance training. Only then should they consider it for actual endurance athletics. I also recommend that they discuss this program with their physicians.
* Glutamine 500 to 750 mg every 20-30 minutes
* Q-10 Lozenge 150 to 250 mg every 20-30 minutes
* Magnesium 500 to 750 mg every 20-30 minutes
* Potassium 100 to 200 mg every 20-30 minutes
* Sodium In organic vegetable juice (see below)
* Taurine 500 to 750 mg every 20-30 minutes
* MSM 500 to 750 mg every 20-30 minutes
* Trimethyglycine 250 to 500 mg every 30 minutes
* Protein shakes* Three ounces every 20-30 minutes
Needless to point out, athletes also require robust vitamin, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory support.* For this purpose, I recommend the use of anti-inflammatory oil rubs and anti-inflammatory spices.
☺ ☺ ☺