ALI’s VEGE—TIKI Recipe
DR. ALI’s VEGE—TIKI
“Vege-Tiki” dinner, as prepared below, is an inexpensive, low-calorie, and delicious dinner choice to be included in Dr. Ali’s Insulin Reduction Diet Plan. The ingredients listed below are sufficient for cooking eight vege-tikis. These tikis keep well for up to seven days in a refrigerator, when properly and individually saran-wrapped.
Ingredients for Eight Vege-Tiki Dinners
1. Mixed vegetables (Frozen carrots, green peas, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower,
Net weight 32 ounces)*
2. Mashed potatopowder Two ounces
3. Cumin powder One teaspoon
4. Cayenne pepper One-half teaspoon
5. Salt One teaspoon
6. Extra virgin olive oil Three tablespoons
1. Boil vegetables with two cups of water on slow heat until softened, drain water, and mash.
2. Add potato powder and knead all of the above, except olive oil, to make (add “a”)dough.
3. Make eight round tikis (like meat patties) using all of the dough.
4. Heat the skillet with a thin layer of olive oil in it.
5. Fry on medium heat to a dark brown color on both sides.
6. Serve with your choice of sauce or squeeze one-half lemon (or to your taste) on it.
7. Saran-Wrap unconsumed vege-tikis (taking all air out) individually (removing all air) after they have cooled and refrigerate. Enjoy for up to one week.
For serving refrigerated vege-tikis, warm in a skillet lightly smeared with olive oil or re-heat it in a toaster oven.
* Replace the suggested vegetables with others of your choice.
**Coat vege-tiki in beaten eggs, if so desired.